So I'm not completely happy with this as a poster - I like the font I used for the heading, title and subheading, although nothing about my film is Art Deco (which the font definitely is, I can practically feel the Gatsby) the font still seems to fit, though I can't explain how other than just the "Feeling" of it. I tried to find the font used in real film posters for credits, and although I couldn't find one actually used, I did find that the font has "ultra condensed" in it's name, and so I used a font with a similar tag, and I think that any "ultra condensed" font would have worked.
I'm also happy with my choice of picture. I feel like the lighting looks really good and lends an air of mystery, and Cai's posture and expression adds more to the character. (Cai is "The Reader" and although he never speaks, I personally think of the character as a reporter type, "The Watcher" having written a letter to the reporter, who is researching it).
What I'm not happy with is the empty space - the problem is that I feel like filling the space would be equally bad. I tried it out, changing the font size and changing some of the words of it was longer, but this looked wrong also. On the one hand the negative space says something about the film, which isn't big on action - it's kind of minimalist. On the other, there's a fine line between "minimalist" and "bland".
I have to hope that from the outside perspective the poster remains on the right side of the minimalist/bland line, because I feel that knowing my intent effects my judgement of it.

No comments:
Post a Comment