Monday, 15 May 2017

Post-Mortem (evaluation)


How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?
I used YouTube and the website TvTropes website extensively - I looked for short films and radio shows that mimicked my idea in either tone or scope, and as detailed in previous posts, I found several videos that fit what I was looking for. I didn't use many traditional media technology sources, as the ability to search for my oddly specific genre outweighs any other sources.
In the planning phase I relied heavily on the website TvTropes to construct the genre of the short film - this particular style isn't well defined enough to have garnered a title, so I looked at short films similar to my idea, and using the tropes from their individual pages, I discovered the common features they all share and incorporated them into my piece.







How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?
I feel that my film poster works well with my main piece, as I said in the post about it. However, I did not manage to complete the radio advert, so I can't comment on it's effectiveness.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post-Mortem (evaluation)

How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages? I used YouTube and the websit...