Wednesday, 28 September 2016

POST THREE: REVENGE OF THE SCRIPT

YES I KNOW IT'S NOT "TOMORROW" BUT HERE WE ARE


I'm going to put my storyboard on here - it's not the best, and I think I've said before that I can't draw, so I'll add annotations as we go.

So the first shot of the trailer should be three people walking down a corridor (or up stairs, that bit isn't so important) chatting about nothing in particular. We'd have a rolling cam (me walking backwards) that stays on the faces of my actors. The three people I need are Romeo, Mercutio and Benvolio.
 
The first scene ends when they enter a classroom, and the room has the whole cast in it - all but Prince sit in small groups (the Montague's and the Capulet's), until Prince quiets them down and brings up the play. The group are amateur dramatists. At first we hear the group discussing the play, but then Romeo sees "Julian" and the camera (from over his shoulder) fisheyes. Lovey music plays, Romeo smiles, the whole bit. 
This part of the trailer is the where Romeo and Julian actually talk (it's one scene, but with two parts) - following the trend of R+J trailers, I'll adapt the balcony scene. To speed things up, this leads directly into the equivalent of Tybalt dying - a fight between Julian's Ex and Benvolio, with Romeo stepping in to sort it out.
This is Romeo being expelled from Verona - Prince telling him off for fighting. I'd like Mr Brody to do play that part, but I don't think he will.

Those four tiny pictures represent little snapshots of moments between Romeo and Julian, the two of them texting, hugging, followed by the two of them crying in the rain.
 
This last picture is the list of scenes I figured I needed before I made the storyboard. 
 
 
 
 
 
 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Post-Mortem (evaluation)

How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages? I used YouTube and the websit...